Monday, April 25, 2011

Maya Lin


         Maya Lin is an American Artist who is know for her work in sculpture and landscape art.  She is the designer of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington D.C.  This piece of artwork is called "Storm King Wavefield."  This is her new earthwork project.  This is a landscape art.  This installation is an excellent of representation of nature, land that looks like moving water.  When I see this piece of art, it made me feel relaxed.  There are many hills and trees.  The colors of this art are greens, blues, and oranges reflecting the colors of water and storm. This piece reminds me of and brings me back to my Vietnam.

        The 11-acre installation, which will open to the public next spring, consists of seven rows of undulating hills huddled in a inclining valley.  The hills look like ocean waves.  The artist wants to explain how the waves begin and end.  She is working with land instead of with water.  I like this piece of art because it looks so beautiful and it is amazing how she combines trees and hills that were formed from the action of real waves long ago into this art.

No comments:

Post a Comment