Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Farmlab

On Saturday, April 30, 2011, I went to the Farmlab in downtown Los Angeles.    It is a short-term project exploring land use issues of livability and health.   Farmlab is dedicated to the preservation and perpetuity of all living things and involves change through the development of art.  

I thought I was going to a museum but when I got there it didn’t look like a museum.   Nobody was around and I wandered around outside.   I saw many things in the Farmlab.   The art project that impressed me was the car full of growing plants.  I had never seen anything like this before.   When I saw that car, I thought how they put plant in it.   After I saw this, I want to try doing this to my old car. 

Another thing I saw at the Farmlab is the plant nursery.   When I walked in there, I felt that I went to a flower garden to buy some flowers.   I saw many beautiful plants and flowers.  I especially liked some red flowers because red is my favorite color.

When I went to the Another city is Possible area, I saw three large bags of potable water to be used for watering the earth and plants.   I thought the bags were for helping the big garden next to them and the plant nursery.   The bags were very hard and so I didn’t realize at first that there was water in there.   Fortunately, the bags were labeled potable water.

Last things I saw at the Farmlab were The Twain Tour Bus and metro bus.   I wondered why the two buses were there.   I saw on the internet that Metabolic Studio teamed up with L.A. Creek Freak for a new installment of The Twain Tour Bus and showcased a dozen of Los Angeles’ iconic historic downtown bridges.  When I came there, I saw The Twain Tour Bus parked in the Farmlab and it didn’t run.  I saw the Metro Bus without its wheels and it was parked there too.  

Overall, this was my first visit to Farmlab.   After I went there, I hoped one day to go back there if I have time.  Farmlab had many things that I had never seen before.  I liked it.  It is free and you can go anytime you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment