Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Matthew Barney


       I was very interested in the prosthetics the artist wore when this picture was taken. This picture/character in particular caught my attention. It's kind of scary and grotesque yet delightfully fascinating. It's kind of hard to tell if this is a human or a half animal? Perhaps, it's both?? I believe the character maintains a certain level of mystique which makes it all the more interesting.

     I think this is a great idea to take your ideas and creations out of one medium into the next.  This photograph of the artist dancing has been digitally enhanced to give it the strange scary appearance.  I think this man reminds me of an early fabulous dancer, but he also looks like a donkey.  The addition of the two opposing colors for the background creates a surrealistic feeling as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment