Monday, March 21, 2011

Lecture 10.1 "Cypress College Art Gallery"

Today, I went to Cypress College Art Gallery. They had an exhibit called "The Quotidian World" video art exhibition.  I saw many short videos from many acclaimed contemporary artists, such as Camlab, Yoshi Saki, Zach Kleyn, and Kushami.  Artists created works that followed interactions with the real, or "quotidian", world. The Rapture, Remembered: Episode 2: The Gingerbread Lesson by Zach Kleyn was the one that impressed me. When I saw The Gingerbread Lesson video art work,  I felt sadness. When I saw this video, I thought her gradmother passed away and she remembered what her gradmother said about the gingerbread. I thought this video art work was interation with her real life. She wants to show us about her grandmother. I thought she loved her grandmother very much. That is very strange to me. It made wonder why he did that, what purpose did the artist have for using this other voice? Was the artist mocking the people in the video? It left me with a strange feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment