Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Four Yip

        
        This piece is very colorful and extremely fantasy-based. From this painting, I observed that the artist has a fascination in combining nature, human and animal attributes into this particular character. She uses a lot of pastel and primary colors in the red spectrum and light. The girl in this piece is mostly naked.  I think it reinforces the point that I made earlier, which is the artist's fascination with human and animals combinations.  I believe she likes to portray humans in their most natural form, nude, just like the animals.

         I find a certain strangeness to this piece. Maybe a little creepy. As I mentioned above, her choice of colors is very powerful and these particular colors fit into the theme of nature colors and realism. This piece is whimsical and curious. It holds a detail that made me laugh, quiver and sigh with happiness. For instance, I am talking about the lush attention to fleshy creases. This portrait is bright and fun and it captures my attention right away. I think this piece is also very special for another reason. The use of colors in this piece is just so natural. It allows me, as a viewer, to interact, participate and  feel as if I am actually part of the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment