Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Identity 3: What is Beauty?

Today Mr. Zucman talked about beauty. What is beauty to everybody? When I saw Plato's idea, I thought like Plato that beauty is objective and reflects goodness. Aristotle thought beauty is about things that have  appropirate form and order.  I agreed with Plato's idea because everybody sees their life and people in different ways.  Beauty doesn't neccessarily reflect truth or a specific idea. For example, the beauty of a beautiful women doesn't always mean that she is also smart.  Mr.Zucman showed us some video clips about beauty. When I saw those video clips, I thought most pretty girls were visiting plastic surgeons. They did not possess natural beauty. Mr. Zucman showed us some pictures of naked women. I thought that these women displayed a true, natural beauty.  I also thought beauty on the inside, like kindness and love, is more important than physical outside beauty.
 At the end of class, he showed us the movie "We're All Angels." This movie was about Jason and deMarco. I felt sad that people were saying injurious things to them. I thought that being gay isn't a big deal because God made us.

No comments:

Post a Comment